1 C shredded Mexican cheese, divided (or I just use cheddar when I don't have it on hand)
1/3 C milk
1 box corn bread muffin mix
1 can chopped green chile's, drained
1 t cumin
1 can/jar red enchilada sauce
1/8 t red pepper
2 C cooked chicken breast, shredded
sour cream, tomatoes and avocados
1. Combine 1/4 C cheese, milk, muffin mix, egg, green chile's, and cumin in a large bowl; stirring just until moist.
2. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until set.
5. Pierce entire surface liberally with fork; pour enchilada sauce over top.
6. Top with chicken, sprinkle with remaining 3/4 C cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and the cornbread mixture is set.
7. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
8. Cut into squares and top each serving with sour cream, tomatoes and avocados.