Sweet Potato Enchiladas
5 sweet potatoes
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
4 green onions, chopped
1 t chili powder
1 t ground cumin
1 t dried oregano
1/2 t salt
1/2 t ground black pepper
1/2 C vegetable oil for frying
12 corn tortillas
1 (19oz) can enchilada sauce
1 (8oz) pkg shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Bake sweet potatoes in preheated 350 degree oven for about an hour until done. Remove skin and discard.
- Place the sweet potatoes, cream cheese, green onions, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper and mash until well mixed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or just keep the oven on after baking the potatoes) and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-low heat and fry the tortillas, one at a time, for about 30 seconds per side. Remove the tortillas with tongs and drain on paper towel.
- Place about 1/3 cup of sweet potato mixture down the center of each tortilla and roll up.
- Place filled tortillas seam side down in prepared baking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes until the enchiladas are bubbly and the cheese is beginning to brown.