Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Root Beer Cookies

I love making a fun dessert for FHE's and when I saw these on my friend's blog, I knew I had to give them a try yesterday! I am a HUGE (and I mean H-U-G-E) fan of both root beer AND cookies and thought this would make a great combo! The cookies turned out SUPER SOFT AND MOIST! This recipe does make a ton of small cookies so be prepared to share some with neighbors or half the recipe. My husband claims that these are a cross between gingerbread and sugar cookies...you be the judge!



Ingredients:

2 cups brown sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs
1/2 cup water
2 tsp. root beer concentrate
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar and butter. Add the eggs, water, and root beer concentrate and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir dry ingredients into the large bowl with the sugar and eggs and mix well. The dough will be sticky though. Drop teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes making sure to not over bake. Frost with Root Beer Frosting, below. (My oven gets hotter than normal so I only baked mine for 9 minutes and they turned out perfectly cooked)

Root Beer Frosting

Ingredients:

2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 Tbls. root beer concentrate
1 Tbls hot water

Directions:

Combine all ingredients except water. Slowly add half the water and mix well. If needed, add the remaining half of the water. Frost on cooled cookies.

2 comments:

  1. I had never heard of rootbeer cookies... they look delicious. Yummy.

    ToOdLeS.

    ReplyDelete