Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Guacamole Dip

Feliz Cinco de Mayo everyone!  I wanted to post a yummy Mexican meal but, unfortunately, I planned poorly and am actually not making our little fiesta dinner until tonight.  But, I do have my FAVORITE guacamole dip ready for you.  I am posting two different recipes, the first one comes from the McCormick Guacamole seasoning packet and the other is one that I use whenever I don't have the packet on hand.  They are both SUPER EASY and YUMMY!



1st Variation

Ingredients:

1 pkg McCormick Guacamole seasoning packet
2 avocados
1 T lime juice (can use lemon if lime is not available)
1 tomato, chopped
2 T red onion, chopped 

Directions:

Peel and chop both avocados; place in bowl. If you like your guacamole to have more of a creamier consistency, mash avocados.
Add the seasoning packet and the rest of the ingredients; mix.

2nd Variation:

Ingredients:

2 avocados
1 T lime juice
2 T red onion, chopped
3-4 T salsa (more or less, depending on taste) 

Directions:

Peel and chop both avocados; place in bowl.
Add rest of ingredients; mix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment