Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Taco Ring

The first time I tried this meal was at my friends Pampered Chef Party. It was so tasty and I ended up leaving that party with a couple of their cookbooks ordered to be delivered to my house. It was such an exciting day when I received my package, pulled out my newest cookbooks and supplies, and starting making this dish again all by myself. I definitely recommend that everyone has a couple of PC's cookebooks in their kitchen! I have tweaked the original recipe just a TEENEY-TINY bit (to fit to my liking), but bascially it just the same. It is so TASTY and EASY...plus it looks like a professional chef whipped it up! I made this for dinner again last night (with my little tweaks) and it was still a BIG HIT with my hubby and little men!


Ingredients:

1/2 - 3/4 pound ground turkey (or beef)
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced green pepper
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 1/2 T water
2 packages crescent rolls
bell pepper
salsa
shredded romaine lettuce
chopped tomato
olives (optional)
extra cheese
sour cream

Directions:
Brown turkey/beef on stove. Add the chopped onion and green pepper and cook until veggies are softened. Drain any grease and add the taco seasoning, water, and cheese. Remove from heat and cover. On a round baking stone (or pan), place each crescent roll with the point hanging off the side of pan. Overlap each piece of dough to create a full circle. Scoop a 1/4 cup of the meat mixture onto each piece of dough. Take each point (that was hanging off) and bring up and over the filling and tuck under the wide ends of dough at the center of the circle. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and dough is cooked through. Cut the top off the bell pepper off, and clean out the seeds. Pour your favorite salsa inside and place the entire pepper in the center of the ring. Take your cut up lettuce and spread around the middle. Top with chopped tomatos, olives, and more cheese (whatever your favorite taco toppings are). Serve with some sour cream.

1 comment: