Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Can't Leave Alone Bars

I first discovered this recipe when my husband and I were first married and made them pretty much every weekend during our first year of marriage.  I am so grateful for Diana who introduced me to these through our work cookie exchange because they have become a family FAVORITE.  These are super EASY, GOOEY and ADDICTIVE!  They are great take alongs for any occasion, especially for potlucks and barbeques. 



Ingredients:

1 pkg white cake mix (yellow works just as well if that is what you have)
2 eggs 
1/3 C vegetable oil
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 C semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 C butter

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs and oil.
Press 2/3 of mixture into a lightly greased (cooking spray) 9x13 pan; set aside.
In a microwave safe bowl, combine condensed milk, chocolate chips and butter.
Microwave, uncovered, for 45 seconds.  
Stir and microwave for 45-60 seconds longer, or until chocolate chips and butter are melted.
Stir until smooth.
Pour over cake mixture in pan.  
Sprinkle with remaining cake mixture over top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Cool before serving.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I did something wrong cause mine didnt look like this at all! hahaha...but hey I tried!

    ReplyDelete