Sunday, April 5, 2009

Creamy Italian Chicken

I ABSOLUTELY love my crock pot recipes and this has been a favorite since my husband and I have been married.  It is SUPER easy which is why I typically make it for Sunday dinner at least once a month.  Just add a nice side salad and some homemade rolls with honey butter and your meal is complete.  YUMMY!


Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (I usually use 2)
1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
1/4 C water
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
sliced fresh mushrooms 
or 4 oz can mushroom stems and pieces, drained (which ever one you have on hand) 

Directions:

Place chicken in slow cooker.
Combine salad dressing mix and water.  Pour over chicken and cover.
Cook on low 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
Combine cream cheese and soup until well blended.  Stir in mushrooms.
Pour over chicken and cover.
Cook on low 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.
Serve over noodles or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment