Monday, April 13, 2009

Homemade Uncrustables

I am beginning to learn that the more children you have, and the older they get, the busier you become.  Everyday, lunch time seems to creep up on me, and ever since I have been making these babies, I am worry FREE when it comes to figuring out what to do for lunch with my little kiddo.  Every Sunday evening I take any leftover homemade rolls and make PB&J's for that weeks lunch.  I wrap each one, individually, with saran wrap.  Then I put them on a cookie sheet and place them in the freezer.  Once frozen, I then take them off the cookie sheet and place them in a plastic bag then back into the freezer they go!  When lunch time comes around during the week, just pop one or two sandwiches out 20 minutes before meal time.  This really SAVES me TIME and it is so GREAT not to have to worry about preparing another meal during the week.  Oh, and by the way, they are also a HIT with my hubby!  You could also put these in your kid's sack lunches and avoid the stressfulness of preparing sandwiches, every morning, before heading your little kiddos off to school. 


*Just a tip:  I love having these on hand while I am running my errands.  If I am ever running late and it happens to be my son's lunch time, I  just pull one of these out from my bag and am able to avoid spending any money.  These really are a lifesaver!

No comments:

Post a Comment