Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sour Cream Chicken

This recipe is a classic in our family, ever since my parents were newlyweds. The story behind it is on Sundays my mom would often make Sour Cream Chicken. But she would never tell my dad what it was called. So one day my dad asked what the meal was called, my mom hesitated. (if you didn't know, my dad use to hate sour cream). Finally, my mom told him what it was and he was so shocked it had sour cream in it. So if your the type who doesn't like sour cream (that would be me too) this recipe is right for you.

Ingredients:

8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
3/4 C sour cream
3/4 C mayonnaise
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 C grated sharp cheese
chopped onions
1 t lemon juice

Directions:

Place chicken breasts in a 9x13 baking dish.  
Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over chicken breasts. 
Cover and bake at 300 degrees for 3 hours.

-Published by Jennifer's daughter Ashley

* This makes a great meal for Sunday.  You can prepare everything the night before and just cover the dish and place it in the refrigerator until the next day.  Right before you go to church, just place in the oven, along with some baked potatoes, and when you return home from church dinner is ready to eat! (sorry Jen and Ash, I had to add my 2 cents! - Sarah)

1 comment:

  1. Sarah (and the rest of the "Taylor" girls), this is such a good idea!!!

    I'm going to be using tons of these.

    ReplyDelete