1 1/4 C whole wheat flour
2 T wheat germ (optional)
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/2 t cinnamon (optional)
2 egg whites
1 banana, mashed
1/2 C plain nonfat yogurt
1/2 C applesauce
1 T honey
1 T molasses
1 t almond extract (could use vanilla as well)
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin tins with cooking spray.
2) In medium bowl, mix dry ingredients. Set aside.
3) In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients.
4) Gradually beat in dry ingredient mixture and stir until blended. Batter should be lumpy.
5) Pour into muffin tins and sprinkle tops with oats.
6) Bake for 20-25 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7) Remove muffins from pan and allow them to cool on wire rack.