Thursday, April 2, 2009

Whole Wheat Pancake/Waffle Batter

This was a staple in our home growing up! I remember quite vividly eating waffles or pancakes before school along with slurping down my mother's infamous fruit smoothies! Not only is it very filling, but also quite nutritious! It obviously tastes delicious with any array of toppings (peanut butter/berries/syrup/jam, etc.), but it was my dear mother who introduced me to drizzling it with honey to be a little more on the healthy side! It continues to be a staple in my home today and now my boys are hooked! :)



Ingredients:

1/4 cup oil

2 cups whole wheat flour

1 Tablespoon baking powder

2 Tablespoons powdered buttermilk (found in the baking aisle)

1/2 tsp salt

2 1/2 cups water

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. If too thick, add a little more water...to desired consistency!

Tip: Once you open the powdered buttermilk container, place it in the fridge to prevent the remaining from hardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment